ABOUT OUR APP
myKIDZworld is social media app designed for families as a teaching tool for a controlled introduction to other social media applications. In our App adults create and own their child’s profile allowing them to build their child’s network and monitor their use of the App.
- You build your child’s network of friends by sending or accepting friend requests.
- Our ‘Closed Network’ is free of online strangers, inappropriate content or marketing.
- You mediate posts by hiding and deleting content you are not happy with.
- You moderate their time in the App by specifying how long and when they can use it.
Your role as parent or guardian is to educate and guide your child’s first experiences with social media. We recognise the App is only a tool and encourage you develop family rules for online safety to teach your children about being responsible and resilient online. We always like to hear from you with new ideas on how to improve the App. Please email us here with your suggestions.
Insight Discovery is a trading name of Insight Discovery (UK) Limited which is registered in England & Wales under Company Registration No. 10865836. Insight Discovery is an organisation that delivers IT services and products. If you have any questions about this Service, please find the appropriate support contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We are proud to launch our first product and service, the myKIDZworld App”
ABOUT THIS POLICY
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of myKIDZworld and provide information about the myKIDZworld Service. When you create a myKIDZworld account or use myKIDZworld, you agree to these terms and conditions.
THE myKIDZworld SERVICE
We agree to provide you with the myKIDZworld Service. The Service includes all of the myKIDZworld products, features, applications, services, technologies, and software that we provide to advance myKIDZworld’s mission: Providing safer experiences online for young people. The Service is made up of the following aspects (the Service):
Providing adults with social media account management for their family Our unique offering allows adults to manage and maintain their child’s social media account. This includes owning and creating their profile, controlling the functionality they can use within the App (such as likes, posting images and releasing posts without adult review), and controlling when and for how long they use the App. A child cannot own their account and can only be contacted through the App with their parent’s approval and review.
Creating a closed network for your child Your closed network is the network of friends or groups you create for your child. You create their relationships by sending friend requests or accepting invites with parents or group leaders that have an account with myKIDZworld. This ensures your child cannot interact with any unknown child or adult posing as a child avoiding online strangers.
Providing monitoring and control to support children’s learning of social media You have a mirror view of all content posted by your child or posted to your child’s network. You have the ability to hide any content you don’t want your child to see. This ensures inappropriate content and harmful messages can be eliminated. This is important in early learning of your child interacting with their peer group.
Promoting a safe experience online Our golden rules for online safety have been embedded into our App to ensure you can build a family framework that supports gradual and incremental exposure to social media with opportunities for guided learning. Our key objective is to allow your child to be safely introduced to social media by providing tools you can use for monitoring and guidance.
In return for our commitment to provide the Service, we require you to make the following commitments to us.
Who can use myKIDZworld? We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want it to be safe, secure, and in accordance with the law. So, we need you to commit to a few restrictions.
- You must be over the age of 18 to own a myKIDZworld account.
- A person over the age of 18 can create an account and attach a child profile for anyone under the age of 18 but the child will not own the account.
- If you have previously had your account disabled by myKIDZworld for violation of law or any of our policies, you will not be able to create a new one without permission.
- You are not allowed a myKIDZworld account if you are a convicted sex offender.
Prohibited use of myKIDZworld The following restrictions describe how myKIDZworld should not be used.
- You can’t impersonate others or provide inaccurate information. You must provide us with accurate and up to date information (including registration information).
- You can’t create an account for someone else unless you have their permission.
- You can’t do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You can’t violate (or help or encourage others to violate) these Terms or our policies.
- You can’t do anything to impair the intended operation of the Service.
- You can’t attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized ways. This includes creating accounts or collecting information in an automated way without our permission.
- You can’t post private or confidential information or do anything that violates someone else’s rights, including intellectual property.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS WE RETAIN
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we may change it if we believe it is appropriate or necessary (for example, if it infringes someone’s intellectual property or impersonates another user).
- You can only use our intellectual property and trademarks or similar marks as expressly permitted with our prior written permission.
- You must obtain written permission from us or under an open source license to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
- We do not claim ownership of your child’s content, but you grant us license for use. You can end this license anytime by deleting your content or account.
UPDATES TO THE myKIDZworld SERVICE
You agree that we can download and install updates to the Service on your device.
DISABELING OR REMOVING YOUR ACCOUNT
- You seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms and Conditions or our policies.
- You repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights.
- We are required by law.
If we take action to remove your content or disable or terminate your account, we will notify you where appropriate. If you believe your account has been terminated in error, or you want to disable or permanently delete your account, consult our support team by email: hello@myKIDZworld.com.
You can delete your account. You can delete your child’s profile and your account at any time. The account and child’s content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies. This paragraph, and the section below called “Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree,” will still apply even after your account is terminated or deleted.
OUR AGREEMENT AND WHAT HAPPENS IF WE DISAGREE
Our Agreement If any aspect of this agreement is unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect. Any amendment or waiver to our agreement must be in writing and signed by us. If we fail to enforce any aspect of this agreement, it will not be a waiver. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Who Has Rights Under this Agreement? This agreement does not give rights to any third parties. You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent. Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
Who Is Responsible if Something Happens? We will use reasonable skill and care in providing our Service to you and in keeping a safe, secure, and error-free environment, but we cannot guarantee that our Service will always function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. Provided we have acted with reasonable skill and care, we do not accept responsibility for: losses not caused by our breach of these Terms or otherwise by our acts; losses which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms; any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable content posted by others that you may encounter on our Service; and events beyond our reasonable control.
Unsolicited Material We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions, but may use them without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you for them.
CHANGES TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Insight Discovery (UK) Limited may modify or update its Terms and Conditions from time to time, so please review it periodically. Your continued use of the myKIDZworld App or the Service after any modification to the Terms and Conditions will constitute your acceptance of such modification.
ABOUT THIS POLICY
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We ask you for the following information to provide services to your family through the myKIDZworld social media app.
- Adult Account Holder The Adult account holder (person over the age of 18) will provide their first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number (optional) and profile image (optional) when they register for a myKIDZworld account.
- Child Profile The Adult will create profiles for each child including first name, last name, profile picture and date of birth. In addition the adult will set configuration settings for the child profile to control application functionality
- Shared Content Content shared between children may include photos, videos, messages that your child post’s to our service. These will be shared with your child’s friends that you have accepted into their closed network.
- Our communication with you Communications between you and myKIDZworld will be through service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the service, technical and security notices).
- Payment Details myKIDZworld adult account holders will pay for your use of our Services using a credit or debit card. We use third party credit card processing companies to process payments in connection with the Sites and Services. We work with Stripe (https://stripe.com/) to process your payment card information in a secure, PCI compliant manner.
- Analytics information We may use tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service that assists us in improving our Services. We collect and aggregate this information so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- Log file information Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access our web page. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Device identifiers When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Provide, improve, and develop services We may use information from the myKIDZworld App to improve, test and monitor our Service to support development and diagnose fixes to technology problems. Your information may be used to personalise your experience in the App to improve efficiency and ease of use.
- Communicate We use the information we have to provide parents or guardians of children using myKIDZworld with updates about and information about our policies, practices, and terms. We may also use this information to respond when parents or guardians contact us.
- Promote safety and security We use the information collected to help promote safety on and off the myKIDZworld App, including to help verify accounts and activity, and to look into suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies. We do this in a variety of ways, which may include through human staff, automated systems, and machine learning.
- Marketing to adult account holders We may also use your information to market to adult account holders only with voucher based services and offers as part of the myKIDSworld App functionality in the adult footer toolbar. Please note that this will not be available or target your child in any way.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Insight Discovery (UK) Limited without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Insight Discovery (UK) Limited is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”).
- We also may share cookies, log files, and device identifiers with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF CHANGE OF CONTROL
RESPONDING TO LEGAL REQUESTS
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- Insight Discovery (UK) Limited does not knowingly allow children under the age of 18 to register for the Service. Anyone under age of 18 is not allowed to create an account to use our services.
- Any adult account holder has the right to create and delete a profile of any persons under the age of 18. Your child’s profile information and content they create will only be shared between other children and linked adults in the closed network the account holder builds.
- The adult account holder is responsible and accountable for managing the child’s profile and account and moderating their child’s content to ensure privacy is maintained. Insight Discovery (UK) Limited provide tools and support to maintain a secure application for you to control their privacy.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Insight Discovery (UK) Limited, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Insight Discovery (UK) Limited, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as delivering a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Insight Discovery (UK) Limited cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Insight Discovery (UK) Limited or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Insight Discovery (UK) Limited, at all times.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR CONTENT
Following termination or deactivation of your myKIDZworld account, Insight Discovery (UK) Limited, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. The duration of the saved information will vary depending upon the type of information and may change from time to time. We expect data to be deleted within 90 days of the account deactivation or child profile deletion.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES